Friday, January 4, 2013

Fun times!

Took the kids to King's Skate today.  I LOVE going there.  It is exactly as I remember it, other than the little skate floor in the back.  It's kinda gross, actually, but I love it.  I also love watching the kids' determination as they fall over and over again and get up over and over again.  I don't see this much in other aspects of their life, but on the rollerskating rink it is super evident.  I love it.  I love watching the "LOOK MOMMY!  I'M DOING IT!!" look on their faces.  I love watching them try to dance as they skate.  I love how exhausted they are after skating.  Even Ty tried skating today for the first time, and he loved it too.  I love skating myself, but I didn't today.  Maybe it makes me feel young again?  Well, for a little while, until a few hours later when everything hurts...bad.  Why don't we do this more often??

Also took Christmas down today.  I love how simple and uncluttered the house looks when we do this.  It feels like a big exhale.

Ty's word of the day: Disgusting.  Sounds like: Disdusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment